BUSHIDO! :: Design generation / Thought Process


Scans of sketches and brainstorming of idea generation and basically just how my mind was working and the thoughts I was having when working through and trying to knuckle down a focus and concept for the Bushido material.

The sketches are pretty rough but I feel give a sense of the way I work and visualise design, I find myself writing about how it will look more than actually drawing something, I rarely use colour and instead write the colour - pretty weird but all the notes give me all the information to visualise it perfectly in my mind.

When going through the process chronologically, it's easy to see the sketches becoming much closer to the final realised work. I've attached images of the finished work in relation to the scans so you can see the similarity in basic framework, as rough as they may seem to someone that isn't me












 = 




This poster above came from the basic sketch above, it doesn't look much but I guess this is how I work best, not traditional and impressive at all to look at but over time I've found this works for me. The longer I spend colouring things in and making them look pretty the longer I find myself itching to move onto a new sketch and get it out my system as soon as possible.




Book cover design and inner layouts style generation





letterhead and clipboard





Finished poster and rough sketch above outlining basic layout and colour palette. 







0 comments:

Post a Comment