INFO-Pack Mock Up

This is the first mock-up I've made just to see how the constructing process would work when printing and it also allowed me to have solutions to possible hurdles before I get to them

The main concern for me is binding. I'm a bit stumped about how to be able to design pages knowing they'll line up perfectly when when bonded. As the binding process and thickness of the stock can have a big difference in how pages line up on the outer edge with saddle stitch binding. Perfect binding would eradicate this.

I always had a bit of give on my outer cover so I could wrap it round the inner leafs and trim a crisp edge

You can see in some photos when writing too close to the edge, a small outer margin can lead to trimming issues with type getting cut off! With this method of binding a big outer margin is a must, to be safe.

I can probably get away with it with text and layout adhering to margins but for my tabbed phonebook it might be difficult to design and execute it, the amount of pages will have an effect on how the tabs line up.

I also made a mock up prototype of the packaging and bellyband. The concept behind it is with the bellyband on you read PRINT IS EASY. Once the user removes the bellyband, PRINT IS NOT EASY appears. I'll see if this idea is successful or even noticed in the progress crit.


0 comments:

Post a Comment