BUSHIDO! : Saddle Stitch Attempt

Today's the day when I design everything that needs designing in hopes for simply taking the artwork to print tomorrow and without much finalising, be able to photograph in the studio tomorrow afternoon.

I had plans to saddle stitch but I've never really done it before so was a bit worried I wouldn't be able to pull it off to the desired quality and it could eat up a lot of precious time, so I had a go on a mock booklet and it's surprisingly easy.

I need a thicker thread though, I've been using red string and it doesn't look thick enough and because it's thin and doesn't have as much hold as it could, the pages move a few millimetres which can make spreads look a little disjointed.




This is the guide I followed which was very helpful












Need thicker thread! 






////


Yesterday I was cropping the booklets down which took way longer than I thought it would and made the self-binding calligraphy book which I'm pretty pleased with and feel when photographed in nice vibrant light, will look impressive.

I'm pretty happy with the booklets too I feel it's slowly coming together now.





The inside cover of the black booklets gave me an idea, I suddenly imaged a blank black spread being the backdrop for another mini booklet inside the booklet. So this is what I'm going to do. I'll design a mini 8 page booklet today and print and bind together with the rest of the contents tomorrow.







Calligraphy book









0 comments:

Post a Comment