BUSHIDO! Print Progress




Had quite a productive day yesterday when it came to producing products for the Bushido project and focusing in on it again, Here are some photos from the process and print material which I have brought back with me to spend this afternoon binding before taking a step back and working on more design, for perforated letterheads, clipboards tickets, flyers and products like that. 

At the moment everything seems route one and no product changes the way that product has been done before and it's annoying me - mostly because I'm basically flying through it and focusing on the product being done rather than experimenting. I am quite excited and pleased with how a few products have turned out though, the calligraphy book looks interesting and the books have a visual style inside Im happy with


The exhibition at  Tate, London. Aimed towards younger demographic creating a more self-made, indie published aesthetic while still referencing the visual style and formats of Japan to appeal to the young creative. So this kind of 'kitsch' printing and binding actually suits the style I'm going for I feel.




/////





Calligraphy Book 


Happy with the print, printing on watercolour stock is suitable for practicing calligraphy on with ink and creates a nice textured finish, looks just like a screenprint as I propose to do when in mass production.



Front cover


The book is self-bound similar to a copting bound so doesn't need a spine and it creates this cool effect which gives movement. I'm pleased with having achieved my mock-up




Book wrap



This is a mock-up of a wrap I tried to diagonally fold around the book to create desirability as the calligraphy book is the heaviest and highest quality book in terms of feel and usability. The newsprint wrap doesn't really work too well and feels too thin and my rubber bands I plan to use throughout the products when needed are just too slack around it. Need a re-think! Wrapper isn't priority right now so I'll come back to this when/if I have time.


All products as of right now. Theclipboard needs to be redone so a clip isn't needed I feel I can create it in a more elegant and suited way. There will be 7 books, not just the 1 as shown. I've also made bookmarks and a moleskine.







All book material clipped - ready to bind and saddle stitch. 





More planned products:

Ticket Reel
Letterhead, perforated ticket used in mail-outs
Clipboard
Envelope
Possible stamp for stamping exhibition goers
Flyers , similar to posters but double sided on thick stock.


Digital Proposals around London

Wall murals
Viral paste-ups
Bus stop posters aro
Billboards around London

Website
App




0 comments:

Post a Comment