Studio Brief 3: Variation 01: FLIP!

Went to work for my Flip idea today, for now I'll have to print the background ink onto white stock and not vice versa, in an ideal world I'd love to get a bright flourescent stock and spot colour the white with a silkscreen but time isn't on my side right now and I've found a stock which really makes colours pop with an inkjet so it won't be too bad hopefully.

My initial rough sketch is roughly similar to my finished effort but I feel work best if I play around with it as I go, my drawings pretty bad admittedly and i can get somewhat of a feel for it but I just don't know until I'm seeing it on screen, this is the way I work best as of now.

Lesson learnt: learn to draw!!



The concept here is FLIP!, the exhibition name is flip! The moving exhibition.


I designed a logo which can be applied across twitter/facebook etc for when inviting industry individuals etc.

To add to the concept of an exhibition which always flips, the poster is readable both ways up, adding to the idea of the poster having two sides, for an exhibition which flips round every two months.



Will be a lot brighter in CMYK, the red isn't a screen-safe colour so dulls a little.



Can't really decide what way to go, the bottom is basically the invert of the original with the body being knock-out white, I want the emphasis to be on the name of the exhibition first to catch your eye and then you get up close and read the copy so I'm unsure which colourway is more suitable.




Readable both ways just fine:














Other colourway possibilities I like, maybe I can do a series of just different colours?


The original plan was for me to buy this colour green stock, flourescenet stock and print the black halftone with a white spot colour.




I'm happy so far though and I have a finished poster along with alternative colourways I can show at the final crit, I plan on bringing to life another visual concept so there's two choices we can pick from, the next ideas a bit of a wildcard but it'll be fun to do!


0 comments:

Post a Comment