BUSHIDO POSTER 06_JUSTICE/RECTITUDE!



Absolutely loved working on this, I think mainly because it allowed me to capture movement which really played into my hands I feel. It's tough trying to capture movement or even find decent stock images for Samurai, but as my exhibition uses the Bushido term generally and Bruce Lee is part of the exhibition I felt it was a good idea to get him on there.

I think this is my favourite one yet, it won't need too much fiddling about with before going to print.








1 more to go! Next one up is 'RESPECT' and I have Morihei Ueshiba lined up for that as I feel the word Respect summed him up very well he was a well respected martial artist and author and did a lot of philosophy well into his 80's.





Process screenshots

After working on the thumbnail the most confusing bit was to show the movement I had duplications of the image at intervals which get larger and larger to show Bruce Lee almost taking off, I used guides to let me know where to cut.

Playing around with the rotation, weirdly I thought it worked at a downwards angle, originally the thumbnail had him flying upwards.

Originally I was going to use these red shapes to highlight and cut away from Bruce for this effect, as if his own body can't keep up with him...




But I really liked the shapes hovering over the top in the red of my branding. Nice happy little accident!







Tried it out with a deeper black, preferred the original set-up

I sneaked in a hint of blue as I felt the poster needed some blue as the original plan was to have all three colours used throughout all posters and products.


4x4 grid I used to help with text positioning and general alignment. I made sure the text was at exactly the same angle Bruce's body was shaped towards to give it all harmony.



Close ups of the text copy in relation to the grid.



0 comments:

Post a Comment