BUSHIDO_07: RESPECT

7th and final poster done, I'll be picking up stock suitable to print on tomorrow morning and print the same day and hopefully everything works out well, colour is really important and there's a lot of ink on these photos, they're propositions for professional quality prints such as litho's, which look great on a big scale and not using an inkjet so I'll have to do the best I can



Respect

Bit of a difficult one this, again I've tried to come up with a new logic and layout to it but still trying to make it feel as part of the set, probably not one of my favourites but time isn't on my side at the moment and I've given myself enough time until tomorrow to fine-tune and change things altogether if I don't like them















All 7 as of now:














////////////////











Some close ups of the grids and guides in action which really help lay out the type and image.


I really love working in this style where I can aim to capture quite a loud tone of voice and try to have a lot of life and character, but at the same time I love minimal modernist design too, I'm still working and trying to personally find a balance between the two as this is where I feel I belong and want to work in.


Although I use grids and logic in all my work sometimes it doesn't look like it, I kind of life this unpredictability but on the whole as previously said, I'm still working on trying to find a healthy balance between the two, making work too 'mental' takes away sophistication and intelligence and I don't want to put across that.





Plan moving forward:

Print progress update tomorrow and I can start working on packaging and books, once they're done I can work on web/app/distribution proposals and make everything a little nicely wrapped and cohesive - ready for photography and submission.


I feel I'm on target and I've achieved my aim of at least a poster a day for 7 days in time to print, I could have done a lot more I feel but I've tried to make each poster drastically different which lead to each poster being it's own little problem, but it's been fun and I'm pretty happy with most of them





0 comments:

Post a Comment