Calligraphy Book / Cover test

I plan on using and switching between red, blue and black stocks for the covers with white textured stock for the inner pages, I was planning on using off white but I've used clear white for the posters, as I wanted the stock to come through and not be completely inked with a 'background colour' - so I'm going to stick with white for consistency.

I wanted to see how black on black looks and if it's legible and readable, I'm quite pleased with the outcome, the calligraphy book will be on thick weight paper, and will be perfect bound for rigidity and portability.



 







The size isn't quite right nut this is roughly how it will look perfect bound



It will come with an ink brush and ink well, I also plan on creating some kind of outer-packaging which acts as a mailing envelope for those who order through the post. This will be fun to work on and won't take me more than an afternoon to make and bind hopefully as the content will be pretty scarce with just a few reference symbols to practice and work off.






0 comments:

Post a Comment