FAVOURITE PANTONES PREPARATION TASK

In preparation for the workshop and lecture on colour theory a while back, we were set a task over the week to find our favourite Pantones for Red, Green, Blue, Violet, Orange and Yellow.

There's many ways to do this, you can go to the Pantone website which Fred linked us to here

http://www.boyantonprinting.com/pantoneswatchbook.pdf << this is really helpful too.

I instead used photoshop, you can click on the colour mixer and click on colour libraries and all the Pantones come up such as 'metallic coated', 'solid matte' etc. We learnt in the workshop that the Pantone is the universal way of identifying colours in a professional and efficient manner for print, basically all around the world now. Rather than saying "Oh, can I have a reddy blue" on the phone to someone, you just tell them the Pantone and you can't possibly go wrong.

These are my favourite pantones:

Blue: 2995M

Green: 339M

Orange: 8943C

Red: 1935C

Violet: 8844C

Yellow: 3955C

I'll now post up stuff I took away and learnt and further points of investigation from the colour theory lectures 3+4. I've gone through lectures 1+2 and tried to take stuff away from them in my context blog. I'll also revisit lectures 3+4 in my lecture blog too and make notes, in preparation of my ongoing investigation colour theory

0 comments:

Post a Comment