Crit Analysis Technique: Going on a 'DIET'

D Describe - what is visible? What is the audience looking at?


2 of them are simply a couple enjoying and embracing the rain. 3rd one is a bit more conceptual and experimental, it's Kessels quote. Idea behind it is surely quoting Kessels communicates exactly what he wants me to.




I Interpet - What does it mean? How does it function?


They're designed to be just seen at a glimpse and fairly easy to digest, 3rd is quite interesting so it's designed for people to be drawn in for closer look.




E Evaluate - How successful is it? What context best suits it?


Fairly. I like how I've tried different processes. I've deliberately not used any digital type at all. I think the rain is perhaps not too clear from a distance, best context is a poster to just sort of supplement the lecture and not be some mega detailed fact sheet.






T Theorise - Does it solve the problem? How else could it solve the problem better?


It could maybe take the quote more literally, but I personally wasn't too sure that's what was asked, I took a more visual more conceptual route. I think it solves the problem, as in making rain seem more attractive, but doesn't follow the Kessels quote fully. But does he want us to? The hands one communicates exactly what Kessels said, so surely it solves the problem?

0 comments:

Post a Comment