FINAL CRIT FEEDBACK - 100 THINGS


To be fair, I think alot of the comments were fair and I knew myself the kind of things I could have improved on and what worked well and they were actually the same as the feedback I got a lot of the time.

They understoof the concept of it and mentioned Top Trumps which is good and what I wanted. I think the name also works well as it maybe gives it away.

Design Direction - They said that it's not very clear what the posters are for, and I can see their point. I kind of made them to sort of create interest in Bollywood and the movies themselves and at the same time to be a companion to the Bollywood Battle game I made. They have classic quotes which were purposely chosen to give interest. I was thinking about actually adding the actor in question's attributes from the card game and saying that you'll be able to battle with him in Bollywood Battle. The only concern I had was that the text overlay technique I used over the halftone image, didn't translate well to smaller text. There were legibility issues. They raise a good point though, I think from now I need to look at my work in a wider context and not just through my eyes.

Design Development - The feedback was positive aesthetically for the posters and stickers and that they seem appropriate for the subject with the colours etc. On the packaging though there isn't any information and it's all pretty bare apart from the Bollywood Battle logo, for something which I'm pitching that would be sold in shops this is a really valid point. I thought about it, but it occured to me way too late and there were no print slots going so I was pretty stuck and had to make do. I think sometimes I take simplicity too far.

Visual quality - Feedback was that the stickers, posters etc were well designed and would look good on a billboard although there wasn't a clear link between products and the poster, which is a fair point too. I think you probably couldn't tell they were for the same product or theme, if it wasn't for them both having the same logo in the corner. The visual style is very different on both. In fact, I made the posters afterwards when I had a little spark, I wish I could revisit the cards and apply the newer style I've developed (as seen on the posters) as I think it's quite interesting.

Technical competence - Packaging would be better if it was using stronger stock. Another fair point. The real product would likely be manufactured in factories etc and have machinery folding the paper neatly and perfectly, I think I'd have issues folding and gluing thicker stock, although that's still probably not an excuse. I need to start going above and beyond my confinements abit more. If something would be tough to stick with a glue stick, then I need to step it up and work out what to do that's best for the product and not best for me being well.. abit lazy to find a stronger adhesive?!

Overall I'm fairly happy with how they turned out although if I reflect back on my original vision, I think I only half achieved it. I've took away important lessons though and I need to start applying these little things I've learnt in the future, only way I'm going to get better.

Abbas

0 comments:

Post a Comment