idea 2

With this idea I wanted to just be a bit more conceptual and make friends with the photocopier. I was thinking surely, if I quote Kessels himself saying "rain can be romantic, useful or beautiful", I'm saying just that? Without trying to illustrate an image or anything, I'm saying rain can be romantic, useful or beautiful.

I saw Kessels liked to photograph and photocopy etc, so I did this idea. At first I was going to hold notes but I thought why not write on my hands.

The initial ones are both my hands, with Nigel pressing the photocopy button! My hands were a tad busy.

After second thoughts, I thought it'd maybe look better with a female hand to go with mine and create a better image, and Lizzy kindly (Thank you Lizzy!) agreed to allow me to vandalise her hand and be the second hand and I think they come out a lot better. I've scanned in the photocopies and will manipulate them, and play with the levels and framing a bit but the idea is to have no digital type and no digital illustration at all.

I think it'll look cool on coloured stock, not quite sure yet.

me (left), me and Lizzi (right)




me and Lizzy (left) I think this is framed a lot nicer than the previous one of me and Lizzy and I'll probably go ahead with this one




This is probably my favourite one of just my hands.


Credit goes to Nigel for the handwriting. I'd probably twist myself up trying to write it so I asked Nigel to write and I think he did a cool job, tried to make the type a bit unpredictable and I think it works well




Here's a few manipulated ones.





Cool detail...




0 comments:

Post a Comment