How I'd measure the audio data


I'm going to use this decibel meter app on my iPhone.

To keep it consistent, I'll never move my iPhone off the surface and I'll measure the decibel at equal alternatives

I'm going to make a quick knock-up of my layout which will be a grid of squares for the layouts I have in mind at the moment. They'll probably be 8x8 or 8x10 but it'll be good to have my data so I can apply this to whatever design I may develop in the end.

I'm going to pause the song and the decibel meter simultaneously and record the data. Then resume, and continue till I have all my data. The intervals will depend on the length of the song but I'll divide the song length by how many readings I need, so it shouldn't be a problem.

How it'd look when recording data...

<PLAY SONG>

<Pause at 3 seconds>

 42 dB



<RESUME SONG>

<PAUSE AT 6 SECONDS>

58 dB



<RESUME SONG>

<PAUSE AT 9 SECONDS>

59 dB



After I read the data I'll look at the lowest dB recorded and the peak and pick a suitable number of colours so for like 40-45 dB, and then 46-50 db and so on. I don't really know how this will pan out and how many equal intervals an average song can have till I do it later today. Fingers crossed it goes well! No reason it won't really I reckon.





0 comments:

Post a Comment