UFC 1 Rebrand x Short 5 day brief





The brief was to create graphic products to promote summer research we did. I decided to promote the first UFC event ever, as my research was mixed martial arts. The first UFC event had an aura of a spectacle but comparing early UFC posters to posters from Japan and Pride Fighting Championships shows a huge difference. The UFC posters remind me of a
n old mega drive cartridge box, While the Pride FC posters look pretty classy with nice concepts.

I tried to rebrand the first UFC to make it a little more smarter, and reference MMA's roots in Japan and reference old prize fighting posters to add a touch of legitimacy, something the UFC struggled with.

This is a sort of customer pack that would be sent out to customers who purchased tickets to the first event. It was interesting to imagine myself designing something in 1993.




0 comments:

Post a Comment