Bushido: Logo Development


I really want to make sure the logo for the Bushido project I'm working on writing the brief for is on point and a simple sort of 'stamp'. I want the focus to be on the products and the visuals there and not on the logo itself, which will only be seen as a sort of signature on the posters, booklets, and packaging.


I've done quite a few different variations of handling the following  information:

_ Bushido

_ 武士道 (Bushido - Japanese)

_ The Way of The Warrior



The logo will form the front cover and identity of the 16-page publication based on the research I plan to start in the next few days after I'm happy my research is complete.

I think in the end I'll just apply a design on to the front cover of the publication as an illustration, I feel I'm less pedantic about small details and more creative and comfortable that way instead of designing a logo in isolation without applying it to any stock.

Doing this really helped though and I have a better idea of how I want the logo to look






///


Logo variations



This is the logo I was using a temporary placeholder for my presentation boards:



More variations













This is my favourite simple stamp idea for a logo, with a bit more refinement I feel this could be simple but effective.















More distortion and angled movement through smudging










Finalised variation

The finalised variation is similar to previous efforts but I've made the outlines a lot thicker and bolder, for a more bold cover, I may foil the publication cover or apply cut vinyl to create the impression of a spot varnish in whatever colour I go with.

As of now I'm leaning towards a colour palette of Red, black, blue + stock throughout all my product range.











How it could look on a book, with a red spot varnish/vinyl



0 comments:

Post a Comment