LAYOUT IDEAS FOR A1 PRINT SHEET

I have 26 letterforms and 6 glyphs, which equates to 32 characters. So what makes sense to me is 8x4=32... 8 rows of 4 characters. Although that's quite linear and straightforward so I experimented a bit with the layouts but in the end I stuck with a 4x8 grid, but increased the spacing a bit so they all have a bit more room to breathe and there isn't a sort of border around the grid.


*This is the layout I went ahead with for print. 8 rows of 4 letterforms = 32. Bit more room to breathe and fills the paper up nicely.

On this one I essentially had 5x6 =30. 6 rows of 5, with the remaining 2 letterforms sort of tacked onto the top and bottom. In this case the A and the comma glyph. I think it's an interesting variation but something about it just doesn't look right. It's quite a snazzy layout, but that goes against it, it doesn't suit the work in progress kind of aesthetic of the letterforms.

0 comments:

Post a Comment