100 THINGS: PROGRESS CRIT 13/1/12 + NEXT STEPS

Last friday we had a progress crit on the '100 Things' brief, where we discussed what we found out, including interesting things we found out in the research along with a specific area of interest that we want to look into further.

I discussed my research being pretty broad, some interesting facts I found out and went down the Indian culture and Bollywood route. I already had a good idea of what I wanted to display in my brief, I want to do an in-depth analysis of Bollywood movies and Indian culture and somehow try and show a clear link between the two. Doing a 'Bollywood by the numbers' kind of idea, to reflect Indian cinema, indian culture and taboos and kind of invite you in and have a closer look.

I talked about tallying up cliches in Bollywood movies for actors careers, e.g. number of laps around trees, number of songs, number of weddings etc. I think it'd be interesting and quite eye-opening.

People seemed to find it interesting and quite funny and light-hearted which is the response I wanted. I'll think about this further and see if I can find an effective way of displaying this somehow and work out a plan of action on just what I want to say and the tone, the audience etc.


I'll keep you updated sir.

0 comments:

Post a Comment