APPS WHICH MEASURE DECIBELS

I understand decibels are a subjective thing, it measures the noise in the environment. Although I'm thinking if I sort of replicate a 'lab' setting, and have a quiet room, within which all that plays is the music at a standardised and consistent volume level and see (hopefully) varying decibels within the track. Hopefully different genres of music will have different decibel peaks.

Underneath it I could also write average decibels, peak decibels etc. As I found some apps which work pretty well. I've bought an app for my iPhone so I can crack on now and give this a go.






'Decibel Meter' is the app I opted for. Mainly because it plots live graphs, giving you average, peak and peak hold dB which could help a lot. Maybe for each level, e.g. 70/80/90 I could assign a different colour.



0 comments:

Post a Comment