Double Page Spread

Here's how the layout looks at the moment on InDesign.

The measurements of it are 380x247mm (double page spread)

Individually each page is 237x190mm

Bleed = 3mm

Margins = 12mm

Gutters = 4mm




Here is how it looks with the horizontal grid also over the top, Each grid square will be very important towards the layout I'm going with. I've noticed Seb is big on layouts and very neat and tidy, well thought out design so I'm going to apply the grid quite strenuously and make the layout evidently grid like, even with content throughout it.

Each grid works out 38.147x39.4mm




Without guides:



Here;s a tryout that I prepared in photoshop with the dimensions of 38.147mm x 39.4mm


Fits nicely!


Probably could do with higher res photos to work from though, especially for print.



I also have plans to maybe overlay (multiply) text over the top, along with greyscaled images and copy. I think it'd add a cool effect. InDesign doesn't actually have a layer styles panel for typing straight onto the layout. Although Simon in the mac suite said, If I prepare the text with a transparent layer in Photoshop and place this into InDesign it will still retain the layer styles. So I'll give this a shot.

In InDesign... No multiply layer style. Font used in this case is Blanch Condensed.


Actually, never mind, found it in InDesign!




Cool. I'll play around with the colours and layouts but it's good to know I have the option. I'll also need to outline the copy, I do like the idea of having one page, either the 1st or 2nd page, being predominantly image, rather than a mixture of both. I've noticed this in magazines as a sort of 'title page' and I like it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment