SCREENPRINT WORKSHOP (15/3/12)

This past Thursday we took part in the screen-printing workshop as an introduction to screen-printing, techniques, setting up and how to print layers.

I screen-printed a while back when I did my foundation but it was very different to the process at LCA, we had a partner holding the screen down while we did it, or we held the screen with one hand while we swiped the squeegee with the other!

So all this clamping it down business and the vacuum surface is all new to me but obviously a welcome addition for a much better finish.


We worked in layers, this is the finished hotdog booklet once we applied C, M, Y and K. I found it really interesting and I'll definitely be back and hopefully have my own screens prepared. A lot of my work is asking for a screenprint really, especially with the halftone's I've been using a lot recently.

0 comments:

Post a Comment