Collaborative Practice: Creative Partner Form


Brief: 
BBC (D&AD)

Why have you chosen to work with your creative partner? What are your aims?:

I’ve chosen to work with Eve as I feel there’s synthesis in terms of personality and also similar drive and interests in design and visual styles. Although we’re similar in this respect I feel we’re different too and this is the main reason we chose to work together. I feel our strengths and personalities will help the work to be very visually engaging and hopefully successful.

One of my weaknesses I feel is to not be strong conceptually and in terms of distribution, and basically just selling an idea and product – presenting well. Eve does this more successfully than me, so this will hopefully be a learning period for me, I’ll become better in this area and our own strengths and weaknesses help each other improve.

As much as people say it’s good to work with people very different to you, I didn’t want to go to too much of an extreme and pick someone I won’t get on with and have completely different ambitions and personalities too which could hinder more than help. Hopefully this will be a good balance, I’m confident it will be.


What are your specific areas of creative interest in this brief?:
To look more deeper into execution of work efficiently and nailing a concept quickly. I want to have a much clearer design process, outline the problem, outline existing perceptions, nail down a solution and simply apply and pitch it.

I want to present work much clearer too which links to simple and efficient execution, I want to produce work which although may be good in person, is effective in terms of photography and also mocking-up this is also an area I’ve realised needs improvement on my behalf and my partner is stronger in so hopefully we’ll learn and help each other grow.


What specific design skills do you have to offer in relation to your chosen brief? How do you intend to use them?:
I’m an internet and social media user, which is their target audience, me and Eve both already have good prior knowledge of the product, along with usability problems and possibilities.

I’m skilled in software such as Photoshop and confident at mocking up products and possibilities so for a proposal based brief as this, this skill will be useful.

I feel I’m good at visualising messages and concepts in visual form effectively and simply and this could be useful when it comes to a user interface and layout design, at the same time I’m weak in terms of distribution and making something less ‘gimmicky’ I feel my partner will help in this area.


What specific non-design skills do you have to offer in relation to your chosen brief? How do you intend to use them?:
I feel I’m much more improved when it comes to time management; I’m reliable and good at assigning tasks and keeping a project ticking by.

Staying focussed and driven towards the concept, I feel I’d help keep a brief heading in the right direction and not de-tour to the point it makes deadlines unrealistic and to hinder the work process.


What will your specific roles be in the collaboration in relation to your brief?:
I envisioned us having quite loose roles as I don’t have any worries about my partner or any areas which I feel I can’t do which my partner can do and vice versa. We will sit each other tasks on a regular basis and meet up and discuss our thoughts and design concepts so we have a mix of designing without input and just ‘our’ take and at the same time we then bring our two different methods and discuss and analyse – end up with something better than both of ours as a result of combination and elimination.

I envision us both organising discussions, tasks, design problems, research tasks for joint efforts and trips and also individual tasks. All of this could happen


What will your individual responsibilities be in relation to your brief?:
 To be reliable, to be easy to contact and reach and to fulfil any design and research tasks and requirements for when we agree to meet and discuss.

Research; communicate ideas and research possibilities to my partner.

Design and discuss ideas and concepts.

Fulfil short-term deadlines for research, task and various short term goals, with an eye on long-term


What will your joint responsibilities be?:
Meet deadlines, stay in dialogue and communication, help each other with any problems. Meet any requirements such as fulfilling agreements such as completing a survey for a certain time while the other partner complete their own task. Being reliable and punctual for managed times to work and discuss ideas.










0 comments:

Post a Comment