Type & Grid: Fibonacci Sequence 2nd attempt


I think I've finally come to grips with applying the Fibonacci sequence to page sizes, I've realised not to get confused by numbers as it's all about proportions, in particular the longer side when combining the previous two numbers.

It's literally the same as page sizes for common systems such as ISO sizes, A series B series etc. In that the length of one shape, becomes the width of the preceding shape and so on.


I started with one square with dimensions of





I'm going to go with these two page sizes as they should be perfectly proportionate and able to divide into 9th's and apply the Van De Graaf canon technique too.





##Applying Van De Graaf canons



I took the smaller page size, as it's almost an A3 size leaf, which I can create a double page spread out of at 410 x 250 mm


Here is the Van De Graafe canon applied to my page size. I quite like the format of the pages, they're a little more square than what would normally be an A4 size page if I went with an A3 spread.



To gain more flexibility I created guides which were half the distance between the outer edge and the content box margins which led me to my outer blue box...


This allows me to be more flexible and use my red content box for one type of content and almost have another content box overlaid on top so it's like two grids working in synchronisation hopefully.


After this it makes sense to apply a grid and guides, so I've done this here and also changed the content box a little for a different purpose:












0 comments:

Post a Comment