BBC: Early scamp visualisation



This weekend me and Eve are going to try and make some headway with visualising our rough website layouts, I know with the way I work, it might not be what's always recommended but I think it works best for me - I don't like drawing too much and feel I can mess around with things and adjust on the fly much easier on the computer so for early next week hopefully we'll have early versions of our vision and we can spend the next fortnight seeing where we go from here and hopefully fine-tuning.

I decided to go with an artboard size of 1280 x 800 the proportion of a standard widescreen laptop and common desktop monitor in todays world, I've done this instead of a container such as 1024 x 768 as we are only proposing this and not coding it and the idea for the actual website to be a liquid layout so it works 'full screen' on a screen of varying size. We'll most likely be proposing images on a widescreen monitor/laptop along with tablet and mobile formats so this size is the simplest choice I reckon.


6x6 content area grid - not including side panels and nav bar


live feed try-out with a side panel on the left, the idea is for the side scroll to be horizontally scrolling. I ditched the side bar on the right to create a more full-bleed effect so it looks like more of a ticker tape and not all closed in.




The article transition with the webpage underneath, the white area is the article page, this is where the print sensibilities come in. The side panel exists on the article overlay too for easy commenting/sharing/favouriting etc.




 ##Live Feed in motion



Quick gif to illustrate the kind of horizontal movement we plan on.


What could happen when you click on an article, on the live feed





Next step is to fill up this website frame with imagery and text headlines and icons too, I'll post up the development of this soon!




0 comments:

Post a Comment