BUSHIDO: The Art Of War

I was reading a motivational/creative advice book by Paul Arden called 'It's not how good you are, it's how good you want to be' - apart from being a fantastic read the inside cover caught my eye and I feel it really relates to and backs up my concept of Bushido - The Way of The Warrior not actually about being a warrior itself, it's about being inspired and a positive person in life.

It touches on The Art of War by Sun Tszu in fact being a brilliant book about business, and not war and violence and it backs up my point about the role and purpose of my project to be to inspire and motivate, professionally, spiritually and socially. Basically just how you live your life


















"Just as Sun Tzu's Art of War is read as a lesson in business strategy rather than fighting in a military sense..."




Research into target audience:

I'm going to look into the book more, hopefully read it and write my opinions on it in the next week or so and pick out important quotes I could put into my product range. It's also useful research for my target audience to look into who buys these books, as the same people who buy books such as The Art of War are the kinds of people I want to target with my product range.



Other Books to look into the target audience:

The Art of Peace by Morihei Ushiba
The Book of Five Rings by Miyamoto Musashi
Hagakure by Yamamoto Tsunetomo



Plan moving forward: 

Research into target audiences for existing books and media such as movies, documentaries, demographics etc

I also need to look into print processes I feel are logical to employ in the range of products, in particular Japanese binding and Coptic binding




0 comments:

Post a Comment