Type & Grid: Frankenstein Type


Task: Pick a word from the list, whatever your eye follows


my word was
Resolute

Resolute to me means solid, strong, immovable and pretty much what's in the definition up there.

I picked 3 random typefaces which I'm going to cut up and experiment with interesting features of each typeface to create a letterform which is resolute.






I cut up, copied, rotated and experimented with the letterforms to come up with this...









Pretty resolute, but I felt it wasn't too adventurous, I was just putting blocks together so I went back to the typefaces and cut up an 'a'




I quite liked this O letterform. so smoothed over it and drew round with pen tool.




o and g





added a stem to make an A by cutting up the o itself, quite like this letterform


I'm not sure this looks 100% resolute, it looks a bit too fancy and fussy at the moment, the first effort with the blocks is much more effective.

I'll keep working on this




0 comments:

Post a Comment