ROWES - Branding Material

I want to focus more on the branding for this project and want the visual design to be serious, masculine and understated as the brief asks so I've gone for a simple logo which works in one colour, which as my research has shown is rare for logos out there - the two/three colour logos look tacky and don't suit the topic in hand.

ROWES want to be classy. So I've gone for monotone and a serif typeface with Minion Pro, rather than sans-serif.


I've tried to be a bit more conceptual and subtle but to also make the logo inviting and classy through simple methods which are kind of subconscious.


This is the final logo:


There's a border around the logo to create a contemporary and classy feel and to also give the logo a sense of security and longevity. I want the logo to have some kind of focal point or forward thinking invitation, so I've tilted the axis of the O forward, to create a more forward thinking company and what I hope is an understated focal point. I feel it looks a little more inviting than a normal O in this context.



Often with insurance or finance group companies you see pillars, to give permanence and security to the product, as you can see here:







I came across some marble stock and felt it was well suited for this project, most pillars and solid objects are made out of marble, it has a heavy weight and longevity to it - giving the branding a marble effect adds luxury and longevity to the brand so I am going to apply this marble stock throughout all branding material.



Here are some early mock-ups using the marble stock, apologies for the rubbish and inconsistent photos










It has a mint green essence to it so the colour scheme will be black, mint green or the use of the stock when suitable. Along with one special, I plan on foiling the logo and individual aspects especially for mail-out material which needs to be classy and give off a great first impression.


Here is artwork for other material I've been working on. Right now the white areas are areas where I want the marble stock to show through when going to print.




__Letterhead

The border is a consistent 15pt stroke around all material on which it's applied on, I've been careful to keep a strict margin around all the letter and used a strict grid throughout, with the Kindest Regards area actually adjacent to the signature within a column, rather than above like on other letters you receive, which is a little different and interesting. Logo to be gold foiled hopefully.







_Business cards

ROWES want to put across their longevity and long-standing stature in the business, so I've been a bit cheeky and put Multi-Billion dollar on the back of the business card to add some credentials, this is also what they refer to themselves as when relaying the brief.


Front:





Back:

You can't see it here but the border on this is inverted from the front, the border will be the marble stock showing through against the black






_Folder

For holding important material when going to meetings or to give important information in to clients, also has little notches which hold business cards for the company or for individual members of staff.






_Notepad

Notepad for ROWES employees and members to make notes on, obviously. Papers will be perforated and short-edge perfect bound against a black strip of stock.





_Invoice

I still need to work on this, this will be similar to the letterhead, when folded up in thirds, the top of the letter will still slightly show and will have the invoice title and date on.



_Invoice sleeve/Envelope

To be made. Sleeve to hold the invoice in and give more of a class, can easily be stamped and addressed to be sent off to clients.





////////////////////////////////////////////////



Brand & Identity

An illustration of how all planned products will look next to each other, including an embossed notebook and branded pencils/pens.








The next update will be progress in terms of print and seeing how things pan out in terms of production but I feel this shouldnt be too time consuming, it's just preparation and I have most things in place. Just need to work on an invoice layout and an envelope net for the invoice. My only worry is if I'll be able to laser cut an embossing plate and if I'll be able to foil, I hope I can on both accounts but thankfully both these things aren't 100% essential









0 comments:

Post a Comment