SETTING UP THE GRID FOR PRINT (AGAIN!)

Here are some screenshots that hopefully give an idea of how I lined up the letterforms correctly and how I used the guides to make a sort of grid that I worked to, to make sure everything was in line and exactly how it needed to be.


Here is a screenshot of me laying out the letterforms on the grid in Illustrator. I'm literally using the guides as a grid (something I learnt in the Illustrator workshops!). They're so useful and make life so much easier, essential bit of tech. You can see here, they're all lined up horizontally and vertically so the baselines are all perfectly in line. They all have a sort of gutter in between to give them abit of space to breathe. The gutter is the same size horizontally and vertically between them.

Here's me lining up the 'P', you can see that it's slightly not in line with the grids, I find the bounding box very useful for aligning them because it basically shows you the vertical and horizontal edges, so if I line up the bounding box with my guides - I can't really go wrong hopefully.

Here it is after it's lined up, as you can see the bottom base of the crane is just snug against the vertical guide and the top point of the crane is snug against the horizontal guide. I basically did this with all the letterforms until I ended up with this...

Now all that needs adding is the glyphs. Here it is with the guides

Without guides gives a better clue of how it will look.

I'm not happy with the gutter gaps in between them. I want it to nicely fill up all the page to give each letterform it's own sort of space. So I increased the gaps like so..


I highlighted the shown amount, nudged them to the right. I kept hold of SHIFT while doing so, so it moved it in equal increments everytime I pressed right on the keyboard. I did this for each column one by one, working from the left so I ended up with..

This. Which I'm quite happy with.

I'm now ready to print.




0 comments:

Post a Comment