THREE: HOTDOG BOOKLET IDEAS AND PHOTO SELECTION

So for next Friday, I need to produce 10 hotdog booklets on my concept to sell at the crafts fair which takes place pretty soon. My concept is 'Three', where aspects of the photo rhyme with three.

I'm still unsure of how to display this, but I know it'll be a hotdog booklet, which means it'll have about 8 photos per booklet. Or 6 taking away the outside and back cover of the booklet. Or 7 if I use the back cover as a photo too which I think is my best bet.

So I can have 10 booklets of 7 photos. Each one unique and each one a different volume of THREE. I think for next Friday though, as we're not selling them yet, I'll make about 3 copies of each 3 different volumes, and maybe an extra copy of one of the volumes so I ent up with 10 booklets but a few copies of each one for some consistency.

I don't want my booklet to be too 'technical' and written. I want it to be kind of subjective, just photos that you look at and think 'ahhh', and flick to the next one.

As I'm going to be focusing on the rhyming aspect, I might even make it a challenge. The reader tries to find the rhyming word within each photo, some are more obvious than others and at the end I'll give the answers. Maybe written upside down like how you have on crosswords and stuff at the back of a newspaper.

It also will need to fold out into a poster, so I may take my favourite photo from each booklet and enlarge it to poster size so people can do what they want with it.

As you can see, this will all have an emphasis on photos, which are all kind of quick snapshots with a 'film' camera.

In this case, I used my phone with a film camera app. I wish I could have used a real one but this will have to do for now and I think some of them have come out quite nice.


I've sieved through all my photos which I've took so far and these are the ones I'm going to use as my source and wrote my 'rhyming' word next to each one. In total there's 97 here. If I'm going to have 7 different photos per booklet, and I need 10 booklets = 70 unique photos. I'll be ok from these.

I'll also need to manipulate them all bit to make them look like the black and white lens I used towards the end which I quite liked.

Emily

Sunny

Sunny

Skatey?!

Skatey?!





Knee

Tree

We



Totally? Chocolatey?

Tree

Three

Three



Cockney




I could use photos like these as the cover, because they don't have rhyming threes but I think they're quite nice little snapshots



Only




I could use photos like these as the cover, because they don't have rhyming threes but I think they're quite nice little snapshots


I could use photos like these as the cover, because they don't have rhyming threes but I think they're quite nice little snapshots

I could use photos like these as the cover, because they don't have rhyming threes but I think they're quite nice little snapshots


B? C?


I could use photos like these as the cover, because they don't have rhyming threes but I think they're quite nice little snapshots


I could use photos like these as the cover, because they don't have rhyming threes but I think they're quite nice little snapshots










Eternity?





Only

Only

Only

Tree

A/C

Daily



TNT

TNT

TNT



Beauty

Free


beauty

DVD

Only

Tea

Tea

P



Tree

Tree

Kobe

CCTV



CCTV


piri piri

Graffiti

Graffiti

Smoothie


Dirty?!

Only

Jewellery

T or PPP? Maybe too subjective

Library





P







CCTV

Sleepy

Sleepy

Wee


Foggy



Some of these are definitely dodgy, if i can find time, I'll need to be more focused with my photos and some have more rhyming answers than others. I think if i put the answers on each page, it'll eradicate the lack of focus on each photo - by that I mean, more than one thing rhymes with 'three' so it's abit unfair to ask someone to guess the answer.

Unless I take a 'humorous' approach, and they're not meant to be able to guess and I just give the answers at the end, like calling smoking 'dirty' etc.

I'll have to decide this. I'll make a knock up today, just to see how it could possibly work.

0 comments:

Post a Comment