TRYING SOME KNOCK-UPS AND DIMENSIONS

Here are some knockups with an A4 size piece of paper. I think it works pretty well. I might change the layout as my photos are square shapes, maybe there's a way I can make a square shape hotdog booklet. It'll also help set it apart from what's sure to be a lot of hotdog booklets from us at the fair!

A4 sheet of paper, preparing the hot dog booklet...










Making notes for what's on each page, this is the cover. I've drawn arrows, so I know the orientation of each spread once I open it back up as a spread. It'll help when I do the layout on the computer.

Photos 1 and 2, pages 1 and 2

3 and 4

5 and 6

This will either be a back cover, giving the answers or another photo page.

Here's the inside page on the other side. It could be an enlarged photo ready to be used as a poster, with the answers to the words to find below, in a list. With "...all rhyme with THREE' at the end.

I've also noted, that I might need to create a sort of logo and identity for THREE, to make it look abit more standardised and create a sort of brand for it all. This's be cool to look into




Here's the spread once layed out. You can see the pages aren't all orientated the same way. The front cover, pages 1, 2 and 7(back cover) are opposite orientation to 3, 4, 5 and 6 on the top row. I'll refer back to this when making the layout.


2nd knock up..

On this one, there would be a little description on the cover saying "Find what rhymes with three", so the reader has an inkling and something in the back of his mind as he looks at each photo on the inside. Then at the end I'll give the answers, wherever I decide to put them.


Alternatively, I could put the answers on each page, but upside down. Kind of how you get in puzzle books, like sudoku, crosswords etc. I don't want too much text on the photos though, want photos to be the emphasis. So I'll have to see.

Photo 1//Photo 2

Photo 3//Photo 4

Photo 5//Photo 6

Photo 7// "answers on the reverse side" 

*Reader opens up and sees the poster and answers on reverse side*

Just some scribbles working out the dimensions of an A4 piece of paper and how big each page will be.

If I'm not that rubbish at maths, each 'page' will be 7.425cmx10.5 cm, so I'll need to prepare each photo to be at that size, so I can import them into the layout ready to go.





0 comments:

Post a Comment